Data profiling is a critical part of a broader data quality management strategy. By understanding their enterprise data, identifying where integrity issues exist, and monitoring changes in data quality over time, organizations can focus their efforts and ensure that the vital information that users rely on for planning and decision making is always timely, accurate, complete, and consistent.
Data profiling enables organizations to assess and understand data through basic analysis.
iWay Data Profiler’s robust analytics capabilities generate advanced profiling data, such as statistics, uniqueness, frequency, and masks. Users then query, report, analyze, deliver, and display that information in any way they choose. Other innovative features allow users to:
- Generate simple to advanced profiling information, with capabilities for semantic profiling and the application of complex business rules
- Perform deep relationship analysis using primary and foreign keys
- Query, report, analyze, deliver, and display electronic profiling data in any way, using mature tools for data quality monitoring, reporting, and analytics
- Collect, consolidate, and store drill-down data in a database, so the exact records that fall into profiled categories can be reviewed
- Archive profiling information for on-demand reporting, as well as graphical and intuitive analysis of the variance in data profiles over time, or comparison of archived profiling sets
- Print profiling information; export it to industry standard formats like HTML, Adobe PDF, and Microsoft Excel; or share it with other users