Effective Date: May 25, 2018
2 Penn Plaza
New York, NY 10121
||Information Builders Ibérica, S.A.
||Calle Joaquin Turina 2, 28224 Madrid, Spain
||+34 91 710 22 75
|UK, Ireland, Denmark
||Information Builders (UK) Ltd
||100 New Bridge Street, London, EC4V 6JA, (UK)
||+44 (0) 207 107 4000
||Information Builders France S.A.
||24, Quai Gallieni, Bâtiment A, 92150 Suresnes, France
||+ 33 (0)1 49 00 66 00
||Information Builders Netherlands B.V.
||Dr. Willem Dreesweg 2,1185 VB Amstelveen, Netherlands
||+31 (0)20 456 33 33
||Information Builders (Schweiz) AG
||Neumarkt 1, 5200 Brugg AG, Switzerland
||+41 (44) 839 49 49
||Information Builders Italia Srl
||Viale Colleoni 3 pal.Taurus Ingr.2, 20864 Agrate Brianza (MB) - Italy
||+39 039 59 66 200
||Information Builders Sweden AB
||Forsbackagatan 24, SE 123 43 Farsta, Stockholm, Sweden
||00 44 207 107 4000
||2 Penn Plaza, New York, NY 10121
For all non-U.S. countries, e-mails may be sent to EuropeanDPO@informationbuilders.com.
Note for Germany: Personal data is subject to the GDPR or the German data protection guidelines, which you can read at http://www.informationbuilders.de/privacy.
Information We Collect
The information we collect depends on how and why you use the Services.
- The registration forms in the Services require contact information such as name, mailing address, and e-mail address. We use this registration information to create your account, offer you free trials, and inform you about Information Builders products and services
- If you submit a request for support, Information Builders may collect name, telephone number, e-mail address, and other information that you choose to give us to respond to the support request
- If you give us permission through your mobile device’s operating system settings, we also collect:
- Your precise geolocation (latitude and longitude) through GPS or WiFi, or your approximate location through your mobile network service provider. The collection of your geolocation may occur in the background even when you aren’t using the Services if the permission you gave us expressly permits such collection. If you decline permission for us to collect your geolocation, we will not collect it
- Photos, videos, contacts, text messages, audio files, and other stored data
- Information Builders may collect information from other sources and combine it with information we collect from or about you. When the combined information directly or indirectly identifies an individual we treat it as personal data
We do not process or store your credit/debit card information. Instead, we engage third-party payment card processors to collect and process credit/debit card payments.
The Services also use clear GIFs (also known as pixel tags, web beacons, or web bugs). A clear GIF is computer code that contains a unique identifier that enables us to monitor user activity and traffic of the Services. We use GIFs to gather aggregate information on visits to the Services, track usage of website links, and assist with registration and other features.
We also use Google Analytics, which is a Google service that collects aggregate information about use of the Services and reports website trends. Google Analytics does not directly identify individual users. You can learn about Google’s practices and opt out by visiting http://www.google.com/settings/ads or by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Our Policy on Do Not Track Signals
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) or similar feature that signals to websites that a user does not want to have his or her online activity and behavior tracked. If a website that responds to a particular DNT signal receives the DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain personal information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many website operators, including Information Builders, do not respond to DNT signals.
How We Use Information
We use information to operate the Services, including:
To Administer Your Account and Provide the Services to You
- Create and manage your account
- Provide you with customer support and respond to your requests
- Communicate with you about the Services
To Develop, Display, and Track Content and Advertising Tailored to Your Interests on the Services and Other Websites
To Inform You About Our Resources
- Communicate with you by e-mail, phone, social media, or Device about products or services that we think may interest you
- Inform you about our events, blog posts, and other resources
To Improve the Services and Develop New Ones
- Administer focus groups and surveys
- Conduct research and analysis of users’ behavior to improve the Services
- Develop new features and services
To Prevent, Detect, and Fight Fraud or Other Illegal or Unauthorized Activities
- Address ongoing or alleged fraud on or through the Services and our related products and services
- Analyze data to better understand and design countermeasures against fraud
- Retain data related to fraudulent activities to prevent recurrence
To Ensure Legal Compliance
- Comply with legal requirements
- Assist law enforcement
- Enforce or exercise our rights
- Legitimate interests: We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For example, we analyze our users’ behavior to improve the Services, to prevent and detect fraud and misuse, and to market new products and services that we think will interest you
- Consent: From time to time, we may ask for your consent to use your information. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
How We Share Information
- With our service providers and partners
- For corporate transactions
We may transfer your information if we are involved, whether in whole or in part, in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy, or other change of ownership or control
- When required by law
Applicable law may require us and our service providers to disclose your information if: (i) reasonably necessary to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena, or search warrant; government investigation; or other legal requirements, or (ii) necessary for the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law)
- To enforce legal rights
We may also share information: (i) if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and legal rights of our users, business partners, or other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing
- With your consent or at your request
We may ask for your consent to share your information with third parties. When we do, we will make clear why we want to share the information
We may collect and provide aggregate information about our users (such as how many persons visited a particular page) to our advertisers, sponsors, promotional partners and affiliates but this aggregated information does not include information that identifies any individual person.
How We Protect and Retain Information
We use physical, technical, and organizational measures designed to protect your information against unauthorized access, theft, and loss. We restrict access to your information to those employees who need to know that information to perform their job functions.
Although we take precautions intended to help protect information that we process, no system or electronic data transmission is completely secure. Any transmission of your information is at your own risk and we expect that you will use appropriate security measures to protect your personal information.
You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and the information in your account. We may suspend your use of all or part of the Services without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. You understand and agree that we may deliver electronic notifications about breaches of security to the e-mail address on record on your account.
If you believe that your account or information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org (U.S. users) or EuropeanDPO@informationbuilders.com (for users outside the U.S.).
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Services)
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them)
- Whether retention is advisable considering our legal position (such as, for statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
Cross-Border Data Transfers
Sharing of information sometimes involves cross-border data transfers to or from the United States of America and other jurisdictions. For example, when the Services are available to users in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), personal data is transferred to the United States. We use the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield and standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission to validate transfers of EEA residents’ personal information from the EEA to other countries. For more information about our Privacy Shield certification, please read our Privacy Shield Policy. Standard contractual clauses are commitments between companies transferring personal information of EEA residents to protect the privacy and security of the transferred personal information.
Your Choices About Your Information
Device permissions: Mobile Device operating systems have permission systems for specific types of device data, such as phone book and location services, and so-called push notifications. You can change the settings on your Device to consent or decline the collection of data or the display of the notifications, but certain Services may lose full functionality when you do. You also can stop all information collection by our mobile application by uninstalling it from your Device.
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict, or delete personal data as defined in our Privacy Shield Policy that you have previously provided to us, or if you would like to receive an electronic copy of your personal data for purposes of transmitting it to another company (if this right to data portability is provided to you by law), please contact us using the contact information below.
In your request, please make clear what personal data you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your personal data suppressed from our database, or other limitations you would like to put on our use of your personal data. For your protection, we will verify your identity before fulfilling your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we often need to retain certain data for record-keeping purposes and our databases and other records may have residual data that we will not remove. We also may not allow you to review or delete certain data for legal, security, or other reasons.
If you are an EEA resident, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority about how we process your personal information. Please also see our Privacy Shield Policy.
Information Builders respects the privacy of your child and we want to share with you our policies regarding children under the age of thirteen (13). Although Users of all ages may navigate through the Services, we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under age thirteen (13). If we learn that a child under age thirteen (13) has improperly provided us with information, we will notify the child’s parent or legal guardian and thereafter delete the child's personal information from our records.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information about you that we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. To request this notice, please submit your request to:
2 Penn Plaza
New York, NY 10121
Please allow up to 30 days for a response.
Links to Other Websites and Services
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, please see our privacy statement feedback form or contact our privacy officer at email@example.com (U.S. users) or EuropeanDPO@informationbuilders.com for users outside the U.S.).