Data Quality and Governance in a Data-Obsessed World
For a world obsessed with data, we sure don’t handle it with the care it needs. And when we do, we sometimes go overboard. In this webcast, internationally acclaimed lecturer Rick van der Lans explores the relationship between data quality and business agility, emphasizing the alignment between businesspeople and IT to ensure successful analytics and operations.
- How to determine what data is worth cleansing and governing
- How to align IT and the business to ensure that your data is well-suited for its purposes
- What traps to avoid when implementing a data quality or data governance program
Sign up today!
- Rick F. van der Lans, Independent Analyst, Author, and Speaker
Rick specializes in data warehousing, BI, big data, and database technology. He is the managing director of R20/Consultancy. Rick has helped many large companies worldwide on defining their BI and big data architectures. He also serves as chairman of the European Business Intelligence Conference. His popular IT books have been translated into many languages and have sold more than 100,000 copies. He writes blogs for websites, such as TechTarget.com and BeyeNetwork.com, and he has written successful whitepapers.
- Jake Freivald, Vice President of Product Marketing, Information Builders
Mr. Freivald is responsible for messaging strategy, content creation, and thought leadership for the WebFOCUS BI and analytics, iWay data integrity, and iWay integration product lines. He joined Information Builders in 1999 as a product manager for the Data Warehouse division, where he supported cross-platform product development and deployment.
Note: We’ll also be hosting a session at 9:00 AM Eastern Time | 3pm CEST for our international audiences. Click here to register.