Data Migration and ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load)
Building Data Marts and Data Warehouses Optimized for Reporting
Information Builders offers comprehensive solutions for developing, managing, and optimizing a flexible data architecture that efficiently supports any enterprise information initiative. Our data management, ETL, and real-time transformation solutions meet the widest range of information needs by enabling direct access to data in operational systems, data warehouses, and data marts, or retrieval of detail data via drill-throughs.
WebFOCUS employs different access techniques to produce high-quality data, a reusable infrastructure, and comprehensive metadata, including:
- Using ETL to extract, transform, and load data directly into a data warehouse or mart
- Directly accessing operational data stores or the files that service operational systems
- Transparently drilling and joining data warehouses to operational data
- Using an operational system's own application functions to access data
- Trickle-feeding a data warehouse to populate and refresh it
- Performing sophisticated data integration, transformation, and manipulation in real-time
Fully automated extract, transform, and load (ETL) tools simplify the creation, maintenance, and expansion of data warehouses, data marts, micro marts, and operational data stores. An intuitive interface enables fast end-to-end ETL process creation involving heterogeneous data structures across disparate computing platforms.
- Aggregate, join, merge, and apply selection criteria to information from any combination of back-office systems
- Simplify data movement from back-office systems to e-business platforms using automatically generated and managed FTP scripts or most native transport protocols
- Transform raw data into structures that are more suited to your application
- Simplify loading of data into a target database through the automatic invocation of bulk loaders or row-at-a-time inserts
- Execute, schedule, review, manage, audit, and create dependencies among ETL requests
Additionally, a change data capture feature loads only changed records into your data source, dramatically reducing the time needed to refresh data, and facilitating a near-real-time data warehouse.
Data Migrator provides an intuitive interface to create end-to-end ETL processes for heterogeneous sources and targets across disparate platforms.
Data loses value quickly when it's not available to users where, when, and how they need it. But, real-time information environments require serious engineering choices, such as where data should be transformed, what standards should be used, and where it should be stored and accessed for reporting purposes.
WebFOCUS provides the flexibility administrators need to manipulate data in the best way for their environment. iWay Software solutions can be fully leveraged for real-time data integration and transformation, including sophisticated manipulations such as:
- Aggregations, sorts, and joins before data leaves the source platform
- Data set-level transformations with multiple roll-up levels, summations, and more – on a single pass of the source data
- Field-level transformations that can later be selected as if they were standard database fields
In addition, real-time process flows can feed your business intelligence system with data from Web services, EDI documents, XML messages, flat files, and almost any other document format.
iWay Service Manager – A unique, powerful enterprise service bus (ESB) that dynamically captures documents from business events, and transform them into data that can be consumed by WebFOCUS. Developers can quickly tap into systems through application programming interfaces (APIs) or automatically generated Web services to reuse business logic and gain valuable insights into operational processes. Captured information can then be enriched through queries and lookups against other systems, ensuring that it is always relevant when it reaches the user.
All of this can be done with or without a data warehouse. Messages can be transformed on the fly, and used to trickle-feed a data warehouse. Additionally, they can be inserted into a WebFOCUS ReportCaster scheduled report, or emailed to a user.