Self-Service Data Discovery
The business intelligence (BI) and analytics market continues to evolve rapidly under the influence of the world’s love affair with data. On one hand, there are increased volumes of structured and unstructured data – big data. On the other, there is keen interest by individuals wanting to easily analyze their own data. Organizations are seeking new ways to leverage this information to satisfy the growing demand for fact-based decisions.
InfoDiscovery ResourcesGetting started with InfoDiscovery?
Data discovery and interactive visualization tools have emerged to address this need. Visualization makes information easier to interpret, understand, and retain. When raw data is depicted through pictures, images, and graphics, it becomes much easier to recognize patterns, dependencies, anomalies, and more.
WebFOCUS InfoDiscovery is a web-based self-service data discovery tool that empowers users to gain deeper insight from all kinds of data.
With InfoDiscovery, business analysts can author beautiful data visualizations using a powerful, browser-based tool. They can retrieve and decipher data from spreadsheets, departmental databases, enterprise data warehouse and third-party data sources faster than ever before. Multiple charts, graphs, maps, and other visualization styles – all can be combined into analytic dashboards and interactive InfoApps™ to help find the answers to pressing questions and issues. Analysts can then publish these and easily share with all users via the web and mobile devices. The result is perfect strategic and operational alignment across the enterprise.
As an integral part of the WebFOCUS BI and Analytics Platform, InfoDiscovery offers unique advantages that other data discovery tools lack:
- Reduced Maintenance - Shared metadata, centralized administration, and security management greatly reduces maintenance and administration of development and runtime environment
- Many Different Styles of BI - InfoDiscovery’s data discovery capabilities can be seamlessly augmented with predictive analytics, social media analytics, performance management, standard reporting, and other core BI and analytics to satisfy every information need
- Access Any Enterprise Data - InfoDiscovery users can drill down to operational data from a discovery dashboard, to perform deeper data exploration and rapidly uncover critical patterns, trends, anomalies, and outliers
- Governance, Version Control and Auditing Ability - Centralized administration provides a single console for real-time user and system management
- Enterprise-Class Security - Powerful security features include single sign on, metadata-based deployment, multi-tenancy templates, and a fine-grained security model with authorized users based on RDMS data or web services
- Interactive Portals, Dashboards, and InfoApps - Since WebFOCUS uses the same metadata across its entire infrastructure, InfoDiscovery can incorporate existing reports and objects into its dashboards and InfoApps. In addition, the WebFOCUS Portal can assemble multiple InfoApps from InfoDiscovery or other WebFOCUS resources into a single dashboard
WebFOCUS Visual Discovery is a desktop analytics solution for advanced visual analytics. Analysts can perform in-depth, intuitive analysis in real time without the need for a pre-built data model. Analysis can be conducted from any enterprise data source using a wide variety of advanced visualization components, including 3D bar and pie charts, histograms, data constellations, and multiscapes.