Self-Service Data Discovery with InfoAssist+
Our InfoDiscovery data discovery product is now part of InfoAssist+.
Data discovery and interactive visualization tools have emerged to deliver high-impact analysis of every kind of data. Visualization makes information easier to interpret, understand, and retain, especially when a big data source is too complex to look at in detail. When raw data is depicted through pictures, images, and graphics, it becomes much easier to recognize patterns, dependencies, anomalies, and more.
WebFOCUS InfoAssist - now including features of the former InfoDiscovery product - is a web-based self-service analytics tool that incorporates data discovery to empower users to gain deeper insight from all kinds of data.
Data Discovery ResourcesGetting started with data discovery?
Data discovery and interactive visualization tools have emerged to address this need. Visualization makes information easier to interpret, understand, and retain. When raw data is depicted through pictures, images, and graphics, it becomes much easier to recognize patterns, dependencies, anomalies, and more.
With InfoAssist+, business analysts can author beautiful data visualizations using a powerful, browser-based tool. They can retrieve and decipher data from spreadsheets, departmental databases, enterprise data warehouse and third-party data sources faster than ever before. Multiple charts, graphs, maps, and other visualization styles – all can be combined into analytic dashboards and interactive InfoApps™ to help find the answers to pressing questions and issues. Analysts can then publish these and easily share with all users via the web and mobile devices. The result is perfect strategic and operational alignment across the enterprise.
As an integral part of the WebFOCUS BI and Analytics Platform, InfoAssist+ offers unique advantages that other data discovery tools lack:
- Reduced Maintenance - Shared metadata, centralized administration, and security management greatly reduces maintenance and administration of development and runtime environment
- Many Different Styles of BI - InfoAssist+’s data discovery capabilities can be seamlessly augmented with predictive analytics, social media analytics, performance management, standard reporting, and other core BI and analytics to satisfy every information need
- Access Any Enterprise Data - InfoAssist+ users can drill down to operational data from a discovery dashboard, to perform deeper data exploration and rapidly uncover critical patterns, trends, anomalies, and outliers
- Governance, Version Control and Auditing Ability - Centralized administration provides a single console for real-time user and system management
- Enterprise-Class Security - Powerful security features include single sign on, metadata-based deployment, multi-tenancy templates, and a fine-grained security model with authorized users based on RDMS data or web services
- Interactive Portals, Dashboards, and InfoApps - Since WebFOCUS uses the same metadata across its entire infrastructure, InfoAssist+ can incorporate existing reports and objects into its dashboards and InfoApps. In addition, the WebFOCUS Portal can assemble multiple InfoApps from InfoAssist+ or other WebFOCUS resources into a single dashboard
To learn more about data discovery, be sure to check out this white paper by analyst firm EMA: Understanding the Role Data Discovery Plays to Support Business Intelligence Strategy