Cloud Business Intelligence
Cloud business intelligence, or cloud BI, is providing a faster, more agile, and more cost-effective way for organizations to take advantage of advanced reporting and analysis solutions. With cloud business intelligence, the need to implement and support hardware and software on site is completely eliminated. Companies simply consume the BI software as a service, where individual users log in to a secure URL to retrieve information, perform analytics, and generate reports via the web.
Cloud business intelligence offers many benefits. Because the installation, testing, and ongoing maintenance of all related infrastructure is outsourced to a third-party, cloud business intelligence allows companies to avoid huge upfront costs, ensure rapid implementation and rollout, reduce project risk, minimize the time and effort required for administration, and more readily adopt big data, social media, and mobile computing solutions.
When choosing a partner for cloud business intelligence, which is also commonly known as software as a service (SaaS) business intelligence or on-demand business intelligence, organizations should look for a provider that:
- Ensures maximum security, with annual certifications for all standards, including HIPAA, SAS 70, and PCI
- Can scale to support the delivery of BI capabilities to an unlimited number of users
- Protects all data and content with full, frequently tested disaster recovery procedures
With Information Builders Cloud Hosting Services, organizations can combine market-leading technologies with the benefits and flexibility of the cloud. They can quickly, economically tap into powerful, full-featured cloud business intelligence using a shared public-cloud environment or dedicated private-cloud resources.
Information Builders Cloud Hosting Services are delivered via a highly secure, scalable infrastructure, and offer maximum flexibility, giving customers a range of deployment options including:
- A "one-stop shop" model, a turnkey solution where all software, services, and support are provided by Information Builders, through more than 10 data centers spanning every geographic region
- A customer preferred vendor model, which allows customers to continue working with a cloud services vendor they already have a relationship with, while Information Builders provides software, configuration recommendations, and support
- A referral model, where Information Builders recommends a cloud configuration and third-party cloud services vendor (the customer must handle all third-party negotiations), and provides all software and support
Information Builders Cloud Hosting Services provides unmatched support, starting with a comprehensive, end-to-end needs assessment. Assessments will include infrastructure considerations, database requirements, security methodology, network bandwidth sizing, performance needs, software configuration and maintenance, and more. This helps to ensure the best possible implementation of your cloud business intelligence environment.