Information Builders Celebrates Successes, Milestones of 2015
If there’s one thing many of us are guilty of, it’s not stopping to smell the roses.
The pace of change in business can be relentless, thanks in part to the way technology like BI and analytics is helping businesses to innovate and out-perform on the steam of their data.
But we won't let this busy—and exciting—time to prevent us from reflecting on our accomplishments in 2015 and using that success to propel us forward to another great year.
In so many ways, 2015 was a year of milestones, industry recognition, and new products that are providing unprecedented insights for our customers worldwide.
“Information Builders celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2015 with one of the most remarkable years in our history, earning exciting new customers thanks to our culture of innovation and our focus on delivering real business value,” Gerald Cohen, president and CEO of Information Builders, said in a press release.
“Our strong partner relationships and the recognition from media, analyst, and independent third parties are validation that Information Builders is an industry leader in helping organizations derive greater insights from their data and equipping a broader base of employees with the power to drive business forward.”
Among the highlights last year:
- 40th Anniversary: Information Builders marked its historic 40th anniversary in 2015, a rare milestone among technology companies
- Record Revenue: The company recorded its best fourth quarter in company history, and increased customer wins globally while continuing its mission to help customers grow and transform their business through better data and better decisions. The predictive analytics business, in particular, showed strong growth of more than 100 percent this year
- Product Innovation: IB announced Omni-Gen™, a revolutionary new master data management (MDM) solution; WebFOCUS InfoAssist, a self-service BI and analytics tool that combines data discovery with reports and dashboards; and Omni-Payer™, an information management solution for health insurers to obtain a 360-degree view of every member in the ecosystem
- Partnerships: IB partnered with Accenture on a new project for the Seattle Police Department, and that relationship will be extended to other cities in 2016. In addition, more than 60 resellers were recruited, trained, and enabled to sell WebFOCUS into small-medium businesses. In big data, Information Builders made technological advances and customer acquistions with MapR, Cloudera, and HortonWorks. WebFOCUS was also embedded into application providers like RosNet, First Rate, and FilmTrack allowing their core competencies to be complemented by business analytics. Earlier this year Information Builders partnered with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), the $15 billion IT consulting and systems integration firm, through which the company is a preferred technology supplier
- Customer Wins: Our proven ability to empower diverse user bases with both tools and easy-to-use apps continues to drive new customer acquisitions from organizations of all sizes, including: UPS, Bank United, the Seattle Police Department, AAA of Ohio Club, Boston Medical Center, Guthy Renker, SiteOne Landscape Supply, Mercurial (Australia), Coty, (NL), and Infonit (Mexico)
- Industry Recognition: The industry took notice as well when Information Builders was honored with a bevy of honors for its solutions. In the midsize market, the company was awarded with Best Midmarket Software Solution at both the Spring 2015 (BE) Midmarket CIO Forum and the Spring 2015 Midsize Enterprise Summit XCellence Awards. The company also received the award for Best Boardroom Case Study during the annual Midsize Enterprise Summit East event held last April in Orlando. CRN recently recognized WebFOCUS Express as one of 2015’s “Coolest Big Data Products.” Chief Marketing Officer Michael Corcoran was honored as a Top Midmarket IT Vendor Executive by The Channel Company. And at the annual Stevie Awards given by the American Business Awards, Information Builders took home four awards, including two for customer service
All in all, it was a fantastic year. We’ve set a high bar, but we’re ready to make 2016 even better.