BI Tools (Business Intelligence tools) empower organizations to facilitate improved business decisions. BI tools enable users throughout the extended enterprise not only to access company information, but also to report and analyze that critical data in an efficient and intuitive manner. It's is not just about delivering reports from a data warehouse; it's about providing large numbers of people – executives, analysts, customers, partners, and everyone else who needs it – secure and simple access to the right information so they can make better decisions. The best BI tools allow employees to enhance their productivity while maintaining a high degree of self-sufficiency.
Information Builders' WebFOCUS – a comprehensive Business Intelligence platform – reduces the cost and time for development and deployment of business intelligence applications, while providing powerful, scalable, enterprise-wide reporting and analysis.
The best BI tools can empower your organization by:
- Processing requests quickly, intelligently, and efficiently
- Allowing operational employees and customers access to powerful - but intuitive - interactive reports and dashboards
- Enabling employees to respond faster and more efficiently to changing conditions affecting your organization
- Allowing developers, analysts and power users the ability to customize their own dashboards and apps based on their specific needs
- Making your greatest asset – information – part of your organization's natural culture
- Transforming raw data into intuitive, illustrative enterprise reports and charts quickly and easily
- Enhancing reporting systems by incorporating transactional forms, as well as data maintenance and update capabilities
WebFOCUS satisfies all of these myriad requirements, allowing organizations to leverage any data asset, transform it into useful information, and deliver it to users where, when and how they want it.
To find out more about Business Intelligence, read our white paper "Worst Practices in Business Intelligence: Why BI Applications Succeed Where BI Tools Fail." In it you'll see the most common mistakes made in Business Intelligence deployments and how to avoid them so your roll-out will be as successful and effective as possible.