Information Builders Organization
- Sales and Corporate Marketing
- Programming and Product Management
- Computer Services, Office Services, and Internal Systems Services
- Documentation Services, Publishing Services, and Periodicals
- Accounting and Personnel
Sales and Marketing
Sales and Marketing sells Information Builders products and services to companies worldwide. Corporate Sales Managers help the sales force with promotional activities such as seminars and other events, designed to generate leads. They work with Sales Representatives to identify market areas, give presentations, monitor competitive issues, and continually track the progress of product lines.
Corporate Marketing supplies the direction and high-level strategies for targeting Information Builders' solutions. They support Field Sales by setting sales policies and procedures and providing marketing collateral such as product fact sheets, direct mail, advertising, brochures, and white papers. In addition, the Marketing staff works with industry analysts and the press.
Information Builders Professional Services provides customized, fee-based analysis, design, and application programming to customers.
Education and Customer Support
The company offers many resources to help customers – and employees – resolve technical, product-related issues. Customer Support Services (CSS) assists customers and field staff with problems and questions related to our products. Technical Sales Support (TSS) comprises high-level experts who assist with the technical direction of new products, supply preliminary technical information for prospects, and help with trial support and installation.
Education creates classes and materials used by employees to teach customers, and for customers to teach colleagues at their sites. Classes are taught throughout the United States and Canada at company locations and, when requested, at customers’ sites.
Product groups are the heart of the company. They provide the software development, quality assurance, product management, and vendor relations for our products.
Internal Systems and Communications
These are the service groups that manage the company's infrastructure and keep its networks running smoothly.
- Office Services, responsible for the company's real estate and voice communications
- Computer Services, responsible for purchasing, maintaining, and upgrading networks, hardware, and software.
- Information Systems Services, which develops and maintains internal applications and database systems.
These service groups are responsible for creating print and electronic versions of technical documentation, marketing literature, and periodicals.
- Documentation Services creates the user manuals – both printed and online – to support our products. They also produce online Help that is packaged with our desktop products. In addition, they manage translation of all documentation and oversee warehousing operations at our Materials Distribution Center.
- Publishing Services staff is responsible for the design and production of all marketing materials in print and on the web. They design and maintain our website and, in conjunction with Corporate Marketing, help keep it up to date.
- Periodicals produces the WebFOCUS Newsletter, a quarterly compendium of valuable product tips and techniques.
Corporate Accounting and Personnel
Corporate Accounting handles payroll functions, as well as accounts payables and receivables, billing, licenses, credit and collections, vendor and travel expenses, banking relationships, insurance matters, legal issues, taxes, etc.
Personnel and Corporate Administrative Services encompasses recruitment, temporary help assignments, staff relations and issues, equal opportunity employment, affirmative action programs, company policies, procedures, and benefits, as well as all other human resource functions.